Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Tooth Talk!

     So, I went to the eye specialist in Seattle on Tuesday....and got another bill of health until my next check up in June! The most eventful aspect of my day was the trip up and back. It took me seven hours round trip -- 4 up, and 3 back down. The trip really should only take 2.5 on a good day. Apparently Tuesday was not a good day to travel. I've got it figured out for next time though to make my appointment for a Monday, and then I can go home that weekend prior and go to Seattle from Ellensburg, since it's only an hour and half :) Smart, I know. I really have to focus on losing weight this next year, as weight loss helps to allow tapering of the medication I'm on. I've checked into some Zumba classes, just waiting to hear back from the instructor, so I'm hoping to start those in January.
    In other work news, I attended a substance abuse coalition meeting today. There are already five coalitions located throughout the county with similar missions across the board. Today's meeting was just an informative meeting to let others know about these coalitions and the work they do, as well as allow connections to be made. I talked with a couple of people today who were interested in partnering with 4-H. It was interesting because in discussion one of the questions was about how the coalitions could help the public partners (law enforcement, schools, etc), but I turned it around and asked how I as a youth development organization could help the coalitions. I think it could be a really interesting partnership, so I'm intrigued to see where things go from here!
   Oh, and I got a 4.0 in my fall semester class, bringing my GPA up to 3.78 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment