Sunday, March 23, 2014

FiNaLlY!!!!!!!

      I made the decision to apply to a Youth Development program through Michigan State University last fall, and actually completed my application mid-December. I then found out that I wouldn't know anything about my acceptance until after February 1st when the deadline closed and everyone had the opportunity to apply. I've been checking my grad portal everyday for the last month, and people have been asking each week with the answer of "I still don't know." Well, I finally know.........I got accepted into the program!!! SO excited! Now, I have to pay the first initial fee, get registered for classes and set to go before May 12th, when Summer Semester starts. Of course, now I'm antsy to get this whole process started, but my actual acceptance package won't come in the mail until this next week -- and of course that has all of the important information! But, it'll make a great Spring Break project :)
      Yesterday was March 22nd. The sun was shining, and of course after having to hide in the clouds for so many weeks, I sat outside and soaked some sun up! Yep, big mistake.....first sunburn of 2014? Check!
     Friday night was exciting. I hadn't been home in two weeks because of moving, and the first thing that happens is 1) Mom's cursing the goats because they bonked her on the head with a gate, resulting in a lovely goose egg on her forehead. Thank goodness for ice. 2) She'd been watching one of the does all day long waiting for her to pop. Of course, we had dinner and then went and checked on her again to find two babies waiting! They'd just arrived too. But the funniest (okay, so it's not really funny, but watching it was funny) part was that this doe is one who will search your pockets for peanuts. Literally search. Friday night though she wasn't having any of it and wanted to bite you instead! Both Mom and Dad almost got it a couple of times. The babies are super cute, and the first ones of 'this round' of kids. There are already nine on the ground who are about a month old and fun to play with, which of course I did :)
      I mentioned moving.....that all happened last week, so my roommate Brittany and I have been slowly settling in to our house. It's a super cute little farm house with some style and character, and porches! Best part? The scenery makes for awesome pictures!




And your dose of baby animals before I head out to help with a problem goat (who just left for a c-section) and then tag some calves :)














2 comments:

  1. Congrats! ...Off subject: These are dairy cows, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Definitely beef cattle :) Angus and Hereford crosses...we use to have lots of red from the Hereford bulls, but now we're going back to more Angus than Hereford.

    ReplyDelete