Saturday Mom and Dad brought me an entertainment center, gifted to me by a friend whose roommate no longer needed/wanted it. It fits perfectly with the new furniture arrangement I came up with yesterday morning amidst cleaning up waiting for the entertainment center to get to Prosser. Because of the medication I'm on for my head it's hard for me to curl up in a nice comfy chair and be able to walk away without stumbling, so I switched the love seat for my chair to encourage stretching out. Mom and Dad also brought me a couple of shelving units, so hopefully things will stay more organized, ha. We went and had lunch at The Barn, and then I spent the afternoon finishing cleaning and arranging. I ended the day with some Hallmark Christmas movies and working on my Masters application, which let's just say still needs some work before getting sent off...Before I could even start working on my application Ethan texted "call me ASAP!" (the second time this week mind you). I did and the next thing I knew I had a turkey singing followed by a reindeer burping in my ear. Since Ethan was in upper middle school/early high school it's become our 'tradition' to buy Mom some kind of annoying singing stuffed animal. It all began with Rufus the howling dog, and I think there's now a reindeer and something else added to the collection. He had to share with me the kind of toys he could get to satisfy the annoyingness this year, and was pretty excited, silly kid. PS, Mom if you're reading this, you didn't hear it from me! I told him to get whatever he thought was good, so we'll see what you get this year...
Today has been a fairly lazy and relaxed day. I started by catching up on Hart of Dixie which I missed this last Monday because Ethan texted demanding I facetime him. So as an awesome sister I did just that, visiting with him, his girlfriend Katie and roommate Josh...don't tell E this, but it was totally worth watching HoD in bed this morning :) Besides, now there are only 20 days til he comes home!! I followed Hart of Dixie with some more Hallmark movies and finally grading papers after baking some tater tot casserole and pies. Now I'm watching The Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire (the pre-White Christmas) and writing this to avoid making seating charts and entry tasks and an entry task quiz. My best work happens late at night anyways, so I figure it's better to put things off sometimes, bahaha!
And how could I almost forget!! Halloween was Thursday, and I'm fairly certain our staff dressed up more than the students did which is unusual compared to last year. Here's a picture of our motley crew: Sherlock, a werewolf, Hermoine, Mary Poppins, The Queen, and Veruca Salt. If you can guess our theme you get extra credit!
And, Brittany and I painted pumpkins for our classrooms Wednesday night. Mine coordinates with my costume :)


HoD and Hallmark movies are definitely the way to go! I loooove days with my DVR.
ReplyDelete