Saturday, April 27, 2013

Been a while...


Well, I suppose you could say its been a while...a lot has happened between now and the last time I wrote an entry. The biggest of those things would be 1) spring break!! 2) realizing there are only 6 Fridays left in the school year 3) how much I love the social gathering branding has become and how much I've missed in the last couple of years 4) how much I miss my brother, even though I'm thankful he's found a friend who is so similar that he can be tolerated and enjoy college over 1,000 miles from home and 5) I've found a school family, for whom I couldn't be more thankful!!


Last spring when I was completing, organizing and coordinating over 30 applications I thought I would never actually find a district who would hire me. By some higher act Prosser called one morning for me to interview the next day. I felt so comfortable at that interview, almost like I fit in....when I got a call with an offer ten minutes later, my mind was absolutely and entirely blown away I had actually found myself a real live teaching job! It literally is a dream come true for me to be in the classroom, and while there are days I shake my head in despair, the majority of them are exciting and enjoyable. I've come to call working with eighth graders a blessing and a curse all at once. Most of them want to learn and are eager to be in the classroom, others, not so much...


I can't believe my first year at Housel is essentially over. I mean, I'm only a third of the way through our last chapter, but it sure seems like the end of the year! I made my teaching PLC members a personalized sticky note frame (courtesy of Pinterest) and handed them out last week. There were hugs and exclaims of thanks, but the most rewarding thing for me has to be the feeling that I'll be back next year, and I feel like I belong. From day 1 no one hesitated to make sure that I knew what was happening and I was included. From athletic events to Conference adventures, snowshoeing and trainings, I feel like I'm a part of Housel :) I can't thank my PLC members enough for a wonderful first year's adventure, here's to many more adventures!!



Okay, enough emotional ranting about school. Here's a picture recap of spring break, branding and Ethan and Josh's quick trip out for E's new truck....



Ethan's truck he HAD to come and get, haha.
Photo wandering :)
 Photo wandering :)
Photo wandering :) 
Photo wandering :)
Photo wandering :) Give you one guess at what it is....
Engagement shoot
Family shoot
CWF shoot....goofy girls!
Black and white!
Volleyball tournament!
First pig rodeo of the season!
Practicing our pig judging
View of the Kittitas Valley
Sunset on the way back to Prosser after an awesome week at home.
After break I went back to the every day stuff...teaching, showing up at sporting events with my camera in hand. And then some photo shoots now and then too ;)
Engagement shoot
Branding 
Best friends and seniors...two of my favorite girls are growing up so fast!
And now I've switched apartments and don't have internet, so I'm sitting at Starbucks to post this......

No comments:

Post a Comment