So what's in my car you ask? Well, in the front seat right now there's a 4-H agenda or two, and a snack baggie of trail mix. The back seat holds a pool noodle which has been cut in half to use for Whompum and That's Exactly What It Is (both ice breakers), more 4-H agendas and papers, a Central sweatshirt for blustery emergencies in Prosser where I can't wear my Bulldog sweatshirts, a pair of dress shoes also for emergency, more papers, more trail mix, a box of Kleenexes, and a water bottle or two. The trunk holds the usual "Yay I'm 16" car kit items, as well as a case of water, and then we move to "Rachel's magic box" as deemed by Amber and Tyra when they were freshmen or sophomores, among a pair of shoes or two, blankets and more sweatshirts and a coat or two. Basically, if you need it, I got it somewhere!
In other news, KYG went off really well. It was a long weekend just like usual, but we didn't have any major problems as we had predicted most of them and our wonderful CF's problem solved on their own. This year I didn't have to stand at the bottom of the courthouse stairs trying to navigate texts as they came in to my phone simultaneously like four years ago (thankfully!). The best aspect of this year's conference for me was being able to visit the Temple of Justice during its centennial celebration. With as many times as I've been to the Capitol you would think I'd been to the Temple a time or two....not so. I've been once before, and this second time around was spectacularly awesome because we had tours of the law library and reception room, and Justice Fairhurst joined us in the courtroom where she explained a little about the supreme court system, and what her job is as a supreme court justice. Simply fantastic!
Book in the Law Library.
Our youngest supreme court! ;) Lol, the CF's and a future KYGer.
Kittitas County delegation and their representatives Matt Manweller (left) and Judy Warnick (right).
Mom kidded out 11 does this year, all within a few weeks of each other. There are now 22 little munchkins running around, three of which bawl their heads off morning, noon and night to let you know they're hungry. The babies are so stinking cute, and love to play, which I don't mind at all especially on warm sunny days. We just got a bottle calf Saturday night too, but I was busy and unable to really play with him. I'm hoping he's doing better now though, because he wouldn't take the bottle Sunday, but I think he did yesterday. Haven't checked recently....Ethan came home last week for his spring break. Although I didn't see him a whole lot I know my parents enjoyed having him home. Mom's reaction was "I can go to town during the day. I don't have to feed." She was pretty excited for a little break too.
They just followed Ethan everywhere! He let them out and they followed where he went, but mostly because they were hungry, crying for food the entire time.
Hungry, hungry, hungry!
How talented are you??
Airplane ears!
"My breakfast was better than yours! :p"
To wrap things up last week I helped out at the Grub Tolo. Amber asked me to count royalty ballots, which I agreed to do....Tyra then asked me to take their group/individual pictures since there wasn't an actual photographer, which I didn't mind as well :) Got some good ones even! Now I just need to get out and do some real shoots....bring on nice weather!
Tyra and Gus
The whole group!






Cool Rachel!!! Hope all is well for you!!! Bet you are doing amazing as a teacher!!!!
ReplyDelete